Mohawk college was established in 1966 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, since then it has developed its rich heritage. For many years there was a strong desire to build the college in the city of Brantford, so the Government decided that Hamilton was an appropriate location. The college now serves the Golden Horseshoe, with campuses in Brantford, Stoney, Creek and Hamilton.
Mohawk College offers various programs at the internship level, continuing education, diploma and collaborative degree level, allowing students to optimize their education. Mohawk College is fully certified and funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and is also a member of the Association of Community Colleges of Canada (ACCC).
They offer a variety of programs in
- Skilled trades
- communication arts
- Community services
- Degrees provided by this college ranging from one-year certificate, a two or three-year diploma, a post graduate certificate, or work towards a degree.
- Location & Facilities
Mohawk College is located in the Golden Horseshoe, with campuses in Brantford, Stoney Creek, and Hamilton.
The students can Connect with the great services of the college like- get locations & phone numbers
- Accessibility at Mohawk – Mohawk College is establish to provide inclusive environments that are accessible and welcoming places for all students, employees and visitors
- Aboriginal Student Services – There are special services designed for Aboriginal students
- Access Programs – resources are available for the adult learner: Community Training Solutions
- Accessibility Plan – under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Accessible Learning Services – (formerly Disability Services) fair and equal access to educational programs, services, and facilities for students with disabilities
- Assessments for Success
- Athletics & Recreation – Physical and recreational activities are available that meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the College Community, Students, Staff, Faculty and Alumni
- Bookstore – books, supplies, and more
- Counselling – Expert counsellors facilitates the counselling in the field of academic, personal, social & career development
- Dispute Resolution Services
- English as a Second Language – for postsecondary students
- Food Services at Mohawk – It is provided by Chartwells
- Health Services / Wellness4U@Mohawk – confidential, student-centered health care, counselling, and education
- IELTS Testing Centre
- Learning Support Centre – The Centre also supports services to one who needs to improve their grades and succeed!
- MCACES – Services for Continuing Education and Distance Education Students (Peer Tutoring, Jobs on Campus, Nighthawk CE Student Handbook, Employment Advisement, Career Counselling, walksmart & more!)
- Mohawk Students’ Association (MSA) Services – This association provides emergency loans, equipment loans, fax service, legal advice, printing and more…
- ONE Card – Identification card, and through this card can access to the College community.
- Off-Campus Housing – helps to Find a place to live near campus
- Parking on Campus – Rates and applications
- Parents – one can now pay their child’s parking tickets online – click here
- Policies – rights and responsibilities should be known
- Residence at Mohawk
- Security on Campus, Safety at Mohawk and our WALKSMART Program
- Shuttle Service – currently running between Brantford, Fennell and Stoney Creek Campuses
- Student Centre -It is located in G wing at Fennell Campus
- Student Government
- Student Engagement – (formerly Student Life) ID Cards, Off Campus Housing, Jobs on Campus, On Track Student Handbook & more!
- Student Media- 1015 The HAWK FM Radio Station and The Satellite student newspaper
- The Square – Student Services, Room C101, C102. for the hours of operation.
- Wellness4U@Mohawk – confidential, student-centred health care, counselling, and education
- List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
- McKeil School of Business
- Skilled Trades & Apprenticeships
- Community Services
- Communication Arts
- Courses Offered
- Types of Assistance
- Student Help Fund
- Student Help Fund (Tuition set-aside) available to students showing financial need.are non-repayable taxable bursaries.Government Supported Bursaries are there.Ministry supported bursaries is only available for specific financial need.
Donor based funding determined on specific criteria
Scholarships and Bursaries are available from outside organizations
Jan, Sept and may intake