- IELTS is designed to assess English language skills across a wide range of levels. There is no such thing as a pass or fail in IELTS. Results are reported as band scores on a scale from 1 the (lowest) to 9 (the highest)
- The IELTS band score scale:
9- Expert user
8- Very good user
7- Good user
6- Competent user
5- Modest user
4- Limited user
3- Extremely limited user
2- Intermittent user
1- Non user
0- Did not attempt the test.
- So in order to score a high band in IELTS whether in academic or General Training , it is essential that the students should keep in mind a few things. IELTS is a time based exam. IELTS consists of four Except for the Speaking module, rest of the three module that is writing, reading and listening have a one hour time frame. Students have to manage their time in an exam. Before appearing for the exam students should be aware of the tricks to attempt the exam.
- To score good bands in an exam , besides time management, familiarity with the questions and the ways to handle them is also a key to score good bands. The Reading module has approximately 14 types of questions. Out of which 40 questions based on 3 passages are given to the students to attempt in If a student is aiming to get a high band score, he should be able to analyze and apply certain tricks and able to solve correctly. Do not spend much time on the question which student is not able to solve.
- In the Listening Module, the types of questions are similar to those in Reading, but instead of passages, a tape is played for once from where the answers have to be picked up. To score a good band score, student should listen the tape carefully and try not to miss any answer. Utilize the question paper properly by making short notes if required rather than trying to memorize the content. Keep reading the questions properly, if somehow skipped one answer, quickly move on to the next one.
- For Writing module, there are specific types of graphs for Task1 ( academic ) and letters for task 1 ( general Training) and essays for Task2 ( both academic and General). Students can take few minutes ( 5mins) to read the task and then can start writing. Students can try attempting these categories in advance. They can analyze the data, overview and ways to pick up the key features in the graph should be clear so that in exam students do not get confounded. For task2 students can read about general topics so that in an exam they do not have to struggle much to come up with the relevant ideas.
- For Speaking module, the only way to score high band score is practice. Students can try communicating in English in their daily lives with their friend or family members so that they are able to develop fluency. To build up a good vocabulary. It is essential students can read magazines, newspapers even reading comprehensions or can listen tapes.
- So in order to score high bands score in an IELTS exam a student must practice hard and should have an effective time management.